"We can teach from experience, but we cannot teach experience"-Sasha Azevedo

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things

So it's been a few weeks since my last blog post (oops!) but I've been so busy and all over the place...excuses, excuses!

Last week I went with my fiance to his training in Mystic, Connecticut. I feel really fortunate that because I teach, I have summers off and have the ability to do a lot more trips! So we went to Mystic for three short days and one day he was off at a training and I was SHOPPING!

The town itself was really cool. It's the site of the 1988 Julia Robert's movie Mystic Pizza, which was actually filmed in Mystic (or parts of it were). We didn't get a chance to stop in but got a peek at the restaurant as we were driving by. In Mystic there is a shopping center called Old Mystic Village (click here to check it out: http://www.oldemistickvillage.com/). There were lots of types of shops and things to see; a definite if you like "general" stores, yummy chocolate, or unique finds!

I spent the day that my fiance was off training shopping at a different plaza. I found this really cute store called Cape Cod Crafters. They had a bunch of crafts and decorations that were hand-made by local crafters at a really, really reasonable price. I am a sucker for all those quote plaques so I bought a few unique ones for our house and my classroom. It would definitely be my number one pick of places to go in Mystic!

We got up early the next day and headed to the Mystic Aquarium. They had all sorts of cool things! We had the chance to pet stingrays (which I chickened out of!), seeing beluga whales, and watching the "critter cam" (a camera strapped onto the back of animals in the wild--we could see the footage!) They had a lot of neat things to see, but we made it a quick trip to get back home to the puppy!

So after all this, I'm working hard on getting my classroom ready for school and preparing my lessons! I promise after next week (when I get into the swing of things) my usual posts will return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?