"We can teach from experience, but we cannot teach experience"-Sasha Azevedo

Monday, August 1, 2011

Silly things people say

I was just having this conversations with my friends and thought, "perfect blog post!"

Ever since I got engaged people say the darnedest things. Most are out of a place of love, but still!

Here are some of the comments I've gotten when I've shared the big news:

"Don't have your wedding during (insert month/date/time here) because I'm can't come then"

"Why are you waiting so long to get married?" (We're planning for a summer 2013 wedding)

"I better be in your wedding!"

"Make sure you do a open bar all night!"

"Why are you getting married so soon?"

"I'm invited, of course"

"Don't get married..."


And my favorite, this is one the fiance had said to him, "I thought you were going to wait a few years to "sow your wild oats" before getting married. Why are you in such a rush?"

Do we have to invite that person?!

Truly we've had a lot of really nice comments and a great deal of support.

Anyone else engaged/married with similar experiences and comments? Or just have people that really care about you say crazy things?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?