"We can teach from experience, but we cannot teach experience"-Sasha Azevedo

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Catcher In the Rye

What I'm reading now:

J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye


I've read The Catcher in the Rye before (actually in 11th grade English) and really liked the book.

Now, that I'm rereading this book to teach to my seniors in the fall, I'm in love with this book! There are so many cool things I just overlooked as a teenager, that I'm picking up on. The symbolism is awesome and I adore the fact that Holden is such an unreliable narrator. He says he hates this and hates that, and the next minute he's doing just that. Typical teens!

So, if you haven't read it, please you have to go pick it up or borrow it from someone, somewhere. It's wonderful (and it's got sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll appeal--so to speak).

Yeah, I'm an English nerd. Snort, snort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?